Monday, December 19, 2011

Gluten-Free Bisquick™ Hearty Chicken Pot Pie

Chicken Pot Pie...a winter dinner winner for sure! I had a lonely box of gluten-free Bisquick that I bought when I had a coupon but had yet to use so I checked out Betty Crocker's website for a recipe. I found this awesome recipe there and I'll be posting it here as well for convenience, reflecting some very minor changes I made in the veggie department. This was awesome and honestly, I would never have known it was gluten-free if I hadn't made it myself! My only thought would be for the next run, I would like to add a little more seasoning and maybe double the topping (I like lots of biscuits). This makes about 6 servings.

(make me, I am soooo tasty!)


Pot Pie Ingredients:
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 can (~8 oz) of peas
- 1/2 can (~8oz) of corn
- 1 diced celery stalk
- 2 diced, cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 1/2 cups of chicken broth (check your label and make sure it is gluten-free!)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch

Topping Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup of Gluten-Free Bisquick
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- Dried parsley flakes (to sprinkle on top)

1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In 3 quart saucepan, melt 2 Tbsp butter.
3. Add onion and cook until tender.
4. Add chicken broth, chicken, veggies, salt and thyme.
5. Heat to a boil. In separate bowl, whisk together corn starch and milk until smooth.
6. Add cornstarch mixture and bring to boil.
7. Pour mixture into ungreased casserole dish (the deeper the better!)
8. Combine topping ingredients and stir until blended. Drop by spoonful across the top of pot pie filling in casserole.
9. Sprinkle with parsley.
10. Bake for 25-30 minutes (I baked this around 30 minutes)
11. Enjoy it! Mmmmmmm.

Thanks, Betty Crocker, for a solid gluten-free product. Check out their website for more fabulous gluten-free recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment